***DEALERS ONLY MEETING***
(This meeting is restricted to dealer members)
Please Attend VADA’s Annual Visit To Hampton Roads!
Wednesday, Dec. 19, 2018 9-11 a.m.
During these challenging times, Team VADA needs your input and feedback. HRADA will be holding the annual VADA “State of the Commonwealth and Legislative Update” at the Hampton Roads Convention Center (located next to Hampton Coliseum). This is an essential opportunity for VADA to get your insights and perspectives on critical issues and for you to get an update on the industry’s hot issues.
- State Legislative and Regulatory Review and Preview– What can you anticipate from the General Assembly, DMV, MVDB and others?
- Federal Regulatory Review – Mapping the Minefield
- FTC and DoJ: Policing Dealer Practices, the Used Car Rule and other priorities
- DoD: Military Lending Act and other service member rights
- Personnel Developments: #MeToo Movement, Immigration enforcement, and other issues
- Advertising Compliance
- Federal Requirements: TILA and CLA, bait and switch, and enforcement
- MVDB Requirements: New Guidelines on Fees and Related Issues; enforcement
- The Perils of Recall Advertising
- Compliance Programs
- Protecting against Increased Federal Scrutiny
- Understand What Regulators Look for in a Compliance Program
- Know your franchise rights and be prepared to use them
- Responding to increasing factory aggressiveness
- Your rights on performance measures, warranty reimbursement and audits
- 2019 Session and “Assault on the Hill” for new General Assembly Members
- 2019 VADA Convention
Please join us for the “State of the Commonwealth and Legislative Update” presented by VADA President Don Hall and VADA/HRADA Legal Counsel Mike Charapp.
Please RSVP by Wednesday, Dec. 12th or call Sheri at 631.6700.
HRADA’s dealers also will elect 2019 Officers and Directors at this meeting.
Hampton Roads Convention Center
1610 Coliseum Drive (next to the Hampton Coliseum)